A New Beginning: Reimagining the Art and Science of Family Mediation
Conference: October 15-16, 2021
Preconference Institute October 14
online via Zoom
Featuring Keynote Address by Susan Guthrie, Esq.
Presenting Now that We Have a Choice: What Does the Future Hold for Family Mediation?
We are so excited to announce this year's keynote speaker— Susan Guthrie—nationally recognized as one of the Top Family Law and Mediation Attorneys, who provides divorce mediation, legal coaching, and mediator training exclusively online. Susan's keynote, Now that We Have a Choice: What Does the Future Hold for Family Mediation?, is one not to be missed.
Schedule at a Glance
Schedule is tentative and subject to change.
- Opening Plenary- The Art and Science of Family Mediation
Moderator: APFM President Michael Aurit
- Closing Plenary – Mediation’s Renaissance: Our Biggest Opportunity Ever Is Right Now
Moderator: Jim Melamed
- Now that We Have a Choice: What Does the Future Hold for Family Mediation?
Speaker: Susan Guthrie
- Exploring the Impact of Polyamorous Relationships and Consensual Non-Monogamy in Divorce Mediation
Moderator: Beth Aarons
- How to Build a Successful Mediation Practice
Moderator: Amanda Singer
- Neuroscience of Mediation
Moderator: Jennifer Kresge
- Fishbowl Mediation: Observing and Debriefing a Live Mediation
Moderator: Woody Mosten
- Beyond Zoom: Digital Tools for an Innovative Practice
Moderator: Max Markin
- Applying Family Therapy to Family Mediation
Moderator: Ken Neumann
- Moving Beyond Screening: Mediation and Intimate Partner Violence
Moderator: Jennifer Hawthorne
- Financial Issues that Make Mediators Uncomfortable
Moderator: Kristyn Carmichael
- The Art (and Science) of Parenting and Custody Mediation
Moderator: Don Saposnek
- Tilting the Scales of Justice: Reconciling Bias and Triggers in Mediation
Moderator: Darcia Tudor
And don’t miss our Friday night virtual Happy Hour and Networking!
Thank you Conference Sponsors!
Premier Conference Sponsor
Presenting & Keynote Sponsor
State and Local Partners
- Arizona State University's Lodestar Dispute Resolution Center at The Sandra Day O'Connor School of Law
- The Family Dispute Resolution Institute of Ontario
- Florida Chapter of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Indiana Association of Mediators
- The Maricopa County Association of Family Mediators
- Massachusetts Collaborative Law Council
- Massachusetts Council on Family Mediation
- The Mediation Center of the Pacific, Inc.
- North Carolina Association of Professional Family Mediators
- Pennsylvania Council of Mediators
- Southern California Mediation Association