Requirements for a Practitioner Member
- Mediated 20 or more divorce cases to completion (including developing an equitable distribution plan and a memorandum of understanding, or a mediated marital settlement agreement) or a minimum of 100 total session-hours, or
- Mediated 20 or more mixed types of family cases (e.g. divorce, parenting plans, elder disputes, post-divorce issue(s), court-connected custody/visitation, parent-child disputes) or a minimum of 100 total session-hours; and
- Completed 40 hour basic family mediation training including training in domestic violence dynamics; and
- Completed an additional 40 hours of training or continuing education in family mediation; and
- Continues to complete at least 15 hours of on-going professional development every two years.
By commencing or renewing your membership in APFM, you are agreeing to abide by the Model Standards of Practice for Family and Divorce Mediation and other ethical standards promulgated by the APFM Board.