Video Conferences for APFM Members
What Would You Like to Discuss?
Helping clients more effectively? Growing your practice?
These online video conferences are designed to give mediators with varying amounts of experience opportunities to converse with each other about almost anything. A member of APFM’s Board of Directors will moderate each discussion.
APFM is learning what will best meet members’ needs. The nature of these discussions may evolve as we learn more.
Topics could include:
- how to handle a specific dilemma in a current case
- what sort of advertising or marketing works
- whom, if anyone, should one hire to help with one’s website
- what are some ways to break impasses
- how to help families when addiction is in the picture
- how can one develop a referral network
- where and how can mediators arrange for face-to-face peer support
- what to do when your clients’ lawyers are pushing them toward a fight
- what additional knowledge and skills you need if you want to help families with elder decisions
- how to handle invoicing and bookkeeping
- what tasks can be delegated to an employee
- when to graduate from solo practice to a partnership or group practice
When: Discussions will occur on the first Thursday of each month from 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm Eastern. If you would like to participate but that hour of the day does not work for you, send a note to Virginia Colin ([email protected]).
Who: At present these discussions are open only to APFM members.
Cost: Participation is free but registration is required. We want to make it easy for members to participate and learn from each other!
To register for the next discussion, log in to this website as an APFM member* and go to this page. To be sure that you receive confirmation of registration, add these addresses to your safe senders list: [email protected] and [email protected] If you are a member and you have difficulty registering, please contact Virginia Colin at [email protected]
*Login help is available here.