Pascal Comvalius – an interview
- Who are you? Where do you come from? What is your background?
My name is Pascal Comvalius and I come from the Netherlands.
- What do your current professional practice and activities look like?
I am a family mediator and trainer and expert assessor at mediation competitions. I am part of a Msc program at the Metropolitan Manchester University. I am a co-chair of the International Mediation Institute appraisal committee.
- How did you first learn about mediation?
When I was working for a large company in 2007, somebody told me that I was really good at relating to people and an active listener and that I should do something with it. I quit my job and never looked back.
- What do you hope to accomplish as a Board Member of APFM?
I just rotated off the board, but I hope for the current board that they will spread the word about family mediation.
- Where do you see the field of Family Mediation going?
Family mediation will be the cornerstone of taking care of family issues. I foresee that more and more of these issues, which normally end up in court, will be taken care of by mediators.
- What do you like to do when you are not mediating?
Traveling. You get so much back from different cultures and traditions, so I will always have the open mindset which is needed in mediation.