A New Beginning: Reimagining the Art and Science of Family Mediation
Conference: October 15-16, 2021
Preconference Institutes October 14
online via Zoom
Frequently Asked Questions
Are recordings available?
Each of the sessions will be recorded and we plan to make those recordings available to all registrants after the Conference as soon as possible. We will notify all registrants via email once the recordings are available.
For those who were unable to register for the Conference, recordings will be available for sale.
How Do I Attend?
Every workshop, panel or session is a Zoom meeting or a Zoom webinar.
You'll need to use (free) Zoom software to access them.
Attendees of both the Pre-Conference Institutes and the Conference will be emailed, during the week of the Conference, information on how to obtain the relevant Zoom links. If you do not receive it, please make sure to check your SPAM folder for emails from the domain apfmnet.org.
We recommend that you download the stand-alone Zoom software (available at zoom.us) in advance and/or make sure you have the most current version. Zoom events may also work in some browsers.
For any Zoom link, the last part of the link includes a series of numbers that are the meeting or webinar code. You can also enter those numbers alone into your Zoom software to attend a workshop or panel.
I'm a panelist/speaker. Do I need to do anything special?
Every Pre-Conference Institute is a Zoom meeting. You should receive via email a link to the meeting. Please just log in to the meeting 15 minutes prior to start time.
Some Conference panels are also Zoom meetings. The same procedure applies.
Most Conference panels are Zoom webinars. Every panelist on a Zoom webinar should receive, prior to the webinar, a unique Zoom link from the email address "[email protected]". If we have received your email address in a timely fashion, you should receive three reminders from Zoom: one week, one day, and one hour prior to the webinar.
Do not share the personalized link with another panelist as it allows us to identify you as a panelist and to permit you into the panelist waiting room.
Do I have to sign up for any particular Conference session?
No. We do not require you to pre-register for any individual Conference session. Prior to the commencement of the Conference, we will send registrants an email with information so that you will be able to access any live session. Each Conference session will be recorded and the recordings made available to registrants after the Conference concludes.
In contrast, registrants of the Pre-Conference Institutes (for which attendance is limited) must choose the Institute they plan to attend live. Each Pre-Conference Institute registrant will receive access to the recordings of all three of the Pre-Conference Institutes.
What happens if I miss a session?
Not to worry. Conference session recordings will be made available to all attendees as soon as possible after the Conference.
If you registered for a Pre-Conference Institute and missed it, you likewise will get access to a recording of that Institute as well as of the other two.
I'm having trouble with Zoom. What do I do?
Zoom is a great platform and relatively easy to use, but we appreciate that software glitches can occur with any software program.
Unfortunately, we are unable to troubleshoot attendees' technical issues. We recommend you contact Zoom support.
To avoid potential problems, we recommend the following:
- Make sure you have the most current version of Zoom installed on the device you will be using to attend the conference.
- Make sure your device operating system and browser are current.
- When using Zoom, close any other programs you do not need to have open.
- Do not start updating software right before you plan to use the software. Update any software as far in advance as possible.
- If you have trouble on one device (e.g., your computer), use another (e.g., your phone).
You will not need Zoom to view recordings once they are available.
How do I obtain session materials or handouts?
If we have received session materials from presenters to provide to attendees, a link to download the materials will be shared with you, either via email, on an attendees-only page on the APFM website, and/or during the session itself via Zoom chat.
Materials will also be posted with session recordings once available.
Can I get Continuing Education credit for attending? What about CLEs?
To obtain CEs please visit:
- For the Pre-Conference: https://www.academeca.com/CEUReg/Order.aspx?selectedId=4416&offerGuid=642ce68b-dabc-44f7-b2ff-dcf027a048a3
- For the Conference: https://www.academeca.com/CEUReg/Order.aspx?selectedId=4417&offerGuid=e545031e-add1-470a-87a6-57128dcbd5d6
- For both Pre-Conference and Conference: https://www.academeca.com/CEUReg/Order.aspx?selectedId=4418&offerGuid=66d420cb-50a0-4547-bcd9-4c165a72d5cc
We are working with R. Cassidy Seminars, our CE partner, to permit CEs for mental health professionals. For the main Conference, a total of approximately 15 hours of CEs for Mental Health Professionals are anticipated.
Each Pre-conference Institute is anticipated to be eligible for 3 hours of CE.
Pending approval, attendees will be able to purchase CEs during or shortly after the Conference via an online portal provided by R. Cassidy Seminars.
APFM does not offer continuing legal education (CLE) credits.
You may also obtain an email certificate of attendance from APFM for those sessions you attended by visiting https://apfmnet.org/annual-conference/apfm-2021-attendance-certificates/.
How do I leave feedback?
We plan to distribute one or more surveys to gather attendees' feedback on Conference and Pre-Conference content.
You can also always send comments to [email protected].
Question not answered here?
Contact [email protected]. Please note, however, that we may not be able to respond immediately during live Conference Pre-Conference hours.
Thank you Conference Sponsors!
Premier Conference Sponsor
Presenting & Keynote Sponsor
Annual Meeting Sponsor
State and Local Partners
- Arizona State University's Lodestar Dispute Resolution Center at The Sandra Day O'Connor School of Law
- The Family Dispute Resolution Institute of Ontario
- Florida Chapter of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Heartland Mediators Association
- Indiana Association of Mediators
- The Maricopa County Association of Family Mediators
- Massachusetts Collaborative Law Council
- Massachusetts Council on Family Mediation
- The Mediation Center of the Pacific, Inc.
- North Carolina Association of Professional Family Mediators
- Pennsylvania Council of Mediators
- Southern California Mediation Association